I have to remind myself when I talk about Shakeology that it requires some background information. For me, after the first month of trying it I knew this was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. However, when I found out how many people were using it and loving it I felt like I had been living under a rock. Why did I not know about this sooner? 2 main reasons: I wasn’t really trying to learn about it and there are a dozen different shakes on the shelf in any given store. So, what sets Shakeology apart from the others?
I was not a daily shake drinker when I started; in fact I had a full jar of a vanilla protein powder in my pantry that I thought tasted disgusting. When I ordered my first challenge pack, which included the month of shakes I certainly wasn’t going to just not try it so I did…and then I read the label….and then I compared labels…and then it all clicked for me. Natural sweetener, and not too much of it. The reason I hated the other powder…artificial sweetener or as I lovingly refer to it, rat poison. I never liked the taste, but after EVERY single pregnancy book warned me to steer clear of aspartame, saccharin and sucralose, I certainly wasn’t going to start drinking them again while nursing and then why bring them back in later. Artificial sweeteners trigger your brain to expect something sweet – but then when it doesn’t receive it your brain sends a signal to deliver something sweet, hence the ongoing debate over diet soda making people gain weight. I love that Shakeology is advertised as “dense nutrition” and not a protein shake, that is truly what sets it apart from the others. See how it stacks up against some other shakes.
So, I realize this doesn’t answer all of the questions that I often get…What is Shakeology? How does it help you lose weight? Is it all natural? Is it gluten-free? Is it lactose-free? Is it safe during pregnant or nursing? Are there vegan options? Is it worth the money? Does Shakeology really make a difference?
Here are just some of the responses I have gathered from my own experience and that of others. My personal favorite is number 1 because this was my weak spot when trying to manage my daily meal plan
Why do I love Shakeology?
1. It’s curbs my sugar/junk food cravings with a healthy combination of protein and fiber
2. It gives me energy (without caffeine)
3. It all-natural & contains NO processed foods, chemicals, artificial sugars, caffeine, it’s also gluten-free, soy-free & dairy-free (vegan option)
4. It contains over 70 super foods, plus vitamins, antioxidants, and more – I was never good at taking a multi-vitamin so I really needed to get this from somewhere
- Antioxidants, Phytonutrients, Vitamins, and Minerals – to helpfight free radical damage and help support a healthy immune system
- Adaptogen Herbs – traditionally used to help the body adaptand respond to the effects of stress
- Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Digestive Enzymes – to help nutrient absorption and support regularity and healthy digestion.
5. As a low calorie meal replacement it sets me up for a proper eating plan
6. It has helped me lose weight – we all want to be healthy but this is really why I tried it in the first place
7. It takes like a milkshake (honestly!) and comes in Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry & Greenberry with Vegan options in Chocolate and Tropical Strawberry
8. It helps w/ my digestion & regularity
9. Variety – I love the recipe calendar it comes with
10. Shakeology is a safe and natural food for pregnant and nursing mothers, while a doctor should advise on the proper calorie intake for your health situation. I had meat aversions during pregnancy and wish I had known about Shakeology then to get healthy protein